PURECHEATING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PURECHEATING FORUM

OFFICIAL PURECHEATING FORUMS

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Answers to Isle d'Oriens FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Character sheet
Coins: Infinity
Level: Maximum level
Health:
Answers to Isle d'Oriens FAQ Left_bar_bleue99999999999/99999999999Answers to Isle d'Oriens FAQ Empty_bar_bleue  (99999999999/99999999999)

Answers to Isle d'Oriens FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Answers to Isle d'Oriens FAQ   Answers to Isle d'Oriens FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 6:28 am

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the Isle D'Oriens

Update: The Boiler Room (where you find Vince) is no longer inside the Library. It has been moved, and there is a doorway to the Boiler Room on the outside of the Library (next to the Library entrance).

The safe no longer needs a key/combination to be opened. Just click on the handle on the safe will open up.

What can you do on the Isle D'Oriens?
The following things can be done by everybody:

• The Airship (including The Puzzle)
  • Catch Lady Tomo's doves
  • Bug Swarm
  • Reading the Lore and Great Fire War books
  • Battle Chamber
  • Vince and his shop
  • Adder's Forge and his shop
  • Pae's quest (The Memories of a Gecko/The Not So Epic Tale of the Gecko on a Tree) See the Q&A "The ONE FAQ topic" for a link to a guide.
  • The Vault

Guardian-Only Locations:
  • The Maze
  • Drakel War
  • Carnax War
  • Dragon War (yes, there's a new "flashback" - cool, too!)

How do I get to the Isle D'Oriens?
    Travel--->Sail East--->The Crater--->Catapult--->Hop On OR Click on the Rip in the Sky in Battleon)

How do I get IN the front door??
  • If you go by the way of The Crater, you still need to get in the front door. The order that things need to be clicked on is as follows: Yellow Dial, Red Lever, Metal Hook.
  • If you go to the Isle by clicking on the Rip in the Sky in Battleon, you appear on the Island without having to go through the door.

What do I do now?
    Explore. Just explore. Click on EVERYTHING.

Pae's quest? How do I do that?
    Click a few times on the cute little gecko on the tree. There's nothing that is a spoiler in Pae's quest, so look for existing topics that already answer any questions you might have. Please see "The One FAQ Topic - Read this BEFORE asking a question" - there's a link to the guide to Pae's quest at FAQ #23.

Where's the Maze?
    Click on Vince's machine, and he'll arrive. Click on him to talk. Ask him what is that machine, and you'll be lead to the Maze.

Okay, what's the correct PATH through the Maze then?
    There are four possible locations for the Roqfurt Mineral, so there is no "correct" path.

Where's the Airship?
    Click on the first door on the right side. If you look for a little bit, you should see a little white thing bob down from part of the tree in the upper left corner of the screen. Click on it, and a cloud should come down. Just go with Nimbo to get to the Airship.

Where's Lady Tomo? (or Falerin, or ....)
    Lady Tomo is in the first door on the right. Falerin is in the Library (first door on the left). Just click on the stone pedestal above the water pit to go down to his room.

How do I read the books?
    Click on either the top right or bottom right corner of the book to open. To go backwards or forwards in the book, click a corner.

(Note number 1: The location of any specific hidden person/place/mini-game is no longer a spoiler.)

I can't hit the birds!!
    Instead of trying to hit the birds WITH the blobs, just take careful aim and make sure you fire when a bird is in the cross-hairs of your bubble shooter. There's no time limit - take your time.

I went to the top of the wall, and there's nothing there - what gives?
    You need the Flogg Seed from Lady Tomo. Get the Flogg Seed by beating the Bird Minigame from Lady Tomo.

I can't beat the Bug Hunt!
    Try this. Before you log into AQ, choose a smaller game screen size .. like 640x480, or 600x450 (it's just above the "Play for Free" button). Then, when about to do the Bug Hunt, make sure your Graphics are at Medium or Low. You shouldn't have any troubles then.

Where's Carnax?
    Go to Falerin's Room. The first scroll on the right of the red book is the one that'll take you to the Carnax War.

How do I get to the Drakel War?
    Go to Falerin's Room. The scroll on the far left will take you to the Drakel War.

How do I get to the Dragon War?
    Go to Falerin's Room. The scroll on the far right will take you to the Dragon War.

Where is the Safe/Vault?
    Go to the Library. Click on the first torch on the right and go it.

What's the combination to the Safe/Vault?
    [Spoiler - The Eternal has maintained this as a spoiler (see hints at the top of this post, though).
    Just click on the handle on the safe door. You no longer need the combination, or the key.

How do I beat the Eternal's games? I HAVE heaps of the stat required!!
    You can't. The sneaky blighter rigged them, so you can't win.
    No games any more - he cheated anyway!

Where's the key then?? I'll do the combination stuff later!
    The key? Try looking at your "back" heel, when wearing your no-drop armour (Guardian Plate, or Steel Plate). Move your mouse SLOWLY around the very back of your heel .. the spot is only a pixel or two in size .. watch for when your pointer turns into a hand. Obviously, you need to be somewhere you can SEE your armour, so anywhere in battle is the easiest.
    The key is gone now, as it's unnecessary ....

Who is the Eternal? Where is he??
    The Eternal is in the Vault.

Who is he then?? A mysterious person who holds the key (literally) to unlocking the Safe/Vault.
    There is a lot of information about the Eternal in AQ Speculations and Theories/

How do I get the Fangmaw Axe?
    It's on the wall of Adder's Forge. Adder's Forge is the second door on the right.

I can't solve the puzzle! HELP ME!
    The puzzle has a little secret. You know how the pieces fit together, but nothing's happening! Try a different orientation. The pieces will sort of "move" into place if you have the right piece in the right place in the "holder". Try one edge piece first .. try it all the way around the "holder" first, rotating as required.

(Note number 2: Take your time when exploring - don't rush into somewhere, take a quick look and a few clicks, and then leave. Be thorough.

Carnax 1 on 1.
    Yes, he's back! All 275,000,000 HP of him. With a couple of twists. Element X attacks don't work on him. His Fire resistance is 50% - using Scrambler Beam won't change that, and neither will freezing him. He can't be beaten.

Rewards for Carnax/Drakel War "flashbacks".
    Carnax reward is NOT the Eye of Carnax weapons or Carnax Fighter armour. There are no rewards for any of the time scroll wars, though you can collect the Frozen Claymore as a temporary weapon in the Dragon War time scroll.

Where's the Battle Chamber?
    Click on the water pit in the Library, and go down. Just like the Haunted House, the Battle chamber has six levels of 3 battles per level, followed by either a Rare Chest/Potion Chest/Treasure Chest. After six levels you fight the Boss - Phlox. Beat him and get another Treasure Chest.

OMG, how do you beat Phlox??
    He is immune to weapon/pet attacks. Only spells can defeat him. Here are some guides on how to beat Phlox:
  • Phlox (Guardians Lv. 70+)
  • Phlox (Adventurers Lv. 80+)
  • Beat Phlox without Nemesis Plate -- It can be done!

I can't beat the Maze - I keep getting detected!!
    Try setting your screen at the highest graphics quality. You can see the walls much better then (because that's why you are getting detected most of the time - you must be just touching a wall.

How do you leave the Isle?
    Well, if you'd clicked the "Exit" arrow on the main screen of the Isle, you'd have seen it says to talk to Vince the Drakel. Go to the boiler room, click on the ladder, and you'll be given the option to leave, and to take with you a fun little temp weapon.

This should hopefully stop a few unnecessary topics!

Heh.
  • Back to top Go down
    http://purecheatingforum.forumotion.com

Answers to Isle d'Oriens FAQ
    Page 1 of 1