PURECHEATING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PURECHEATING FORUM

OFFICIAL PURECHEATING FORUMS

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

=MQ= FAQ Edited on the Gamma Release!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Character sheet
Coins: Infinity
Level: Maximum level
Health:
=MQ= FAQ Edited on the Gamma Release! Left_bar_bleue99999999999/99999999999=MQ= FAQ Edited on the Gamma Release! Empty_bar_bleue  (99999999999/99999999999)

=MQ= FAQ Edited on the Gamma Release! Empty
PostSubject: =MQ= FAQ Edited on the Gamma Release!   =MQ= FAQ Edited on the Gamma Release! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:44 am

Posts in this post have been confirmed by game staff / those who would know to be accurate.
A post by Vaseline28 will follow that will contain the regular style FAQ, but assume the answers given are speculation /best information until they're moved here.

General Information

Forum Staff:

Head Moderator:
  • Seahawk ( All MechQuest Boards )
  • Maegwyn ( Gremlins )

AKs:
  • Elnaith
  • Nixtrix
  • Ronin Of Dreams
  • Vaseline28
  • Currently all on the ArchKnights list

1) Coke Rewards – What are they?

Coke Rewards registration was a promotion at the start of the release of Mech Quest, and has since ended.

The original plan was to open up pre-registrations for dragon fable once the user accounts reached 10,000 but this was changed and pre registrations will open sometime over the coming week.

The links can no longer be found on either BattleOn.com or DragonFable.com, and there is no longer a need to register for preregistration to happen.

2) Help! I've lost my Password/Username! What do I do?

At this current time there is no system for retrieving your lost password/username but sometime in the near future there will be a similar set of tools used for DF and AQ coming out for MQ to help those who have lost their password/username. So just sit tight and be patient and it will come out.

3) Star Captaincy

You can't be a Star Captain at the moment, this feature will come later!

4) Verifying your Guardianship/Dragon Amulet.

It can be done on the homepage. It does NOT upgrade your account, or make it Star Captain. It will grant you a position of preference in case of a server crash. It will also give you a Chassis, and more Chassis slots, and current access to Tek's Special Shop, and Save Equipment option.

5) Where do I find my ID?

Go to your char list, and click on your char. It will state the ID there.

6) I can't get into the Special shop, why?

If you have verified your Guardianship/Dragon Amulet, clear your cache and re-log in. If that doesn't solve the problem, you are looking at an ISP cache issue that usually clears up in a day or so.

7) Why is the base color white, can't I change that?

At the current moment no, it is a bug so you're stuck with the white base for the moment and can only change your trim color at the beginning screen when you create your character.
    MechQuest FAQ - More Coming Soon

This Thread is, unfortunately not for asking or answering questions, but for looking up answers. As there is no Q&A forum, the best way to ask questions is probably via PM, please do not answer or ask questions, thanks.

Important Note: This post is of facts which we assume to be true, when they are given a thorough ‘thumbs up’ from the Developers, it will be moved to the post above.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. What is MechQuest?
    2. Where does MechQuest fall into place in the timeline(between
    DragonFable and Adventure Quest)?
    3. Equipment – What is there? [color:8ff1=#000000](Updated)

4. What do I get for supporting Artix Entertainment's other games?
    5. What happens when I die in MechQuest? [color:8ff1=#000000](Updated)

[color:8ff1=#000000]6. What is Gamma?

[color:8ff1=#000000]7. When does Gamma come out?

[color:8ff1=#000000]8. How do I verify my Guardianship/Dragon Amulet status and what does it do?

9. I used the wrong email, what to do?
    10. Battle System....
    11. Cool down, what is it?
    12. What are the three bars at the bottom of my screen next to the picture of me(what are EP/MP and what do they do)?
    13. Buying/selling equipment, how do I?
    14. How do I equip new Equipment(equip spots etc.)? Coming Soon - half here.
    15. Stats, why can't I train them?
    16. What is this flag that the Design Team talks about?
    17. How can I fit the screensize to my computer screen *thanks to treadlight* ?
    18. How do I buy new Mech Bases?
    19. What is a "Founder"? How do I become "Founder"?

The Actual FAQ

1) What is MechQuest?
    MechQuest is a new game, currently being developed by the Artix Entertainment team. It is scheduled to be released in September. You will be able to build, pilot and customize your own mecha at a time 4,995 years before DragonFable (5,000 before Adventure Quest) To find out more, look for updates at MechQuest

2. Where does MechQuest fall into place on the timeline?
    On the contrary to what some people have been saying, we do not know when MechQuest is. We have heard some rmours though with fragments of truth from the staff(All we know for sure is that it comes in the year 3007.). Or what is said on the homepage.

3. Equipment – What is there?
    You can get Weapons and helmets at the moment in MechQuest. You can see them in the MechQuest Encyclopedia in the sections Weapons and Helms.

4. What do I get for supporting Artix Entertainment's other games?
    In the latest update, Artix told us that if we hold either a Guardianship or a Dragon Amulet you will get a little extra. We will get a very powerful chassis for our mechs. Artix says that they are still desigining it, so we don't know when it is coming.
    Also, during Gamma, there will be times when only Guardians/DA verified accounts will be able to log in, and there is Tek's Mechs Special shop which contains the current most powerufl items!

5. What happens when I die in MechQuest?
    When you die, your health simply resets to 1 and you leave the battle with a screen saying:
    "oh no! Fear Not for luck shines upon you! Your mecha and eject pod were safely recovered"
    However, the homepage did hint that they plan to make a nurse for you to go and see if you die in the future.

6. What is Gamma?

quote:

If we are going live October 1st, when are we doing the alpha and the beta and... stuff? Excellent question! My thoughts? Lets do them ALL at the same time*! Let's call it a Gamma.

Taken from September 13 entry on the MechQuest Homepage
    Gamma was a way in which the developers could keep their promise of getting the game out on October 1st and do testing. Simply, it is alpha, beta and the release rolled into one!

7. When does Gamma come out?
    Gamma is released, play it from the link on the Homepage!

[color:8ff1=#000000]8. How do I verify my Guardianship/Dragon Amulet status and what does it do?
    To verify your Guardianship, go here. Once there you will need to enter the details for your AdventureQuest account and the MechQuest account which you wish to verify it to. Please note, you can only verify your guardianship once. For information on how to get a Guardian account, go to the link on the Adventure Quest site: Link to guardian Information.
    To verify your Dragon Amulet/DragonLord status, follow this link: DragonLord Verification. As with the Guardian Verification, you will have to enter your DragonFable Account details and the details of the MechQuest account which you wish to receive the Dragon Amulet information. Once again, this can only be done once. For information on how to become a Dragon Amulet Holder/DragonLord, look here: Dragon Amulet Information.

9.. I used the wrong email, what to do?
    No worries, account manager is open for MechQuest now, simply go to here: Account Manager. You can then log in and change your email.

10. Battle System…
    The Battle System in MechQuest works just like the ones in Adventure Quest and DragonFable. You get one turn, and then they get one turn and continued, however, it gets a bit complicated than that later.

11. Cool Down, what is it?
    Cool Down is the amount of times you have to wait before you can attack with a particular weapon again. For example, if you use a weapon with 3 turns cooldown, after attacking with the weapon, you must wait three turns before using that weapon again. This means that you have to be much more strategic about which weapons you use and when. Although you can sometimes end up not being able to attack, you can use the “skip” button to skip your turn.

12. What are the three bars at the bottom of my screen next to the picture of me(what are EP/HP and what do they do)?
    I’m talking about the three bars here.
    The first bar you see, or the red one, shows you how much HP or health you have. Simply, the more red there is there, the more HP you have. Another thing to note is that the circle(in the image linked saying “100”) on the right of your face, shows how much HP you have numerically.
    The second, or yellow one, shows how much EP you have. EP are energy points. Each weapon requires a certain amount of EP to fire, when you run out of EP, you cannot fire. EP recharges itself a little every turn. As with the red bar it drains to show how much you have, there is also a circle on it’s right showing the amount of EP you have in numbers(says “50” on the image)
    Finally, the purple bar. The purple bar shows you how much experience you have in comparison with how much you need. When the purple reaches the right, you will have levelled up. To see this in numbers, click on your face and look two lines below your name.

13. Buying, Selling Equipment, how do I?
    To buy equipment, you must find a shop, the easiest one to find during Gamma is Tek’s Mechs. Here you will be able to click on the names of weapons, and see their Stats. When you find one that you like, and can afford, you can click the “buy” button on the bottom left hand corner. Note, do not click the “Buy” at the top as that is used to toggle between the “Buy” and “sell” screens.
    To sell equipment, you must be in a shop again. But you will find yourself on that buying screen again. To switch to the selling screen click on the big “Sell” button at the top. From there, it is the same process as selling items.

14. How do I equip things? Equipment spots etc.
    To equip things, you must click the “Equip” buttons, which, during Gamma, can be found anywhere in the shuttle or by talking to Tek. The current known equipe spots are: Front arm | Back arm | Front Shoulder | Back shoulder | Helm
    Each item has a specific equip spot which it goes into

15. Why can I not train my Stats?
    In AdventureQuest and DragonFable you can train Stats, the reason you cannot in MechQuest is they haven’t been added in game, there is no way to. As another note, we have not been informed by staff whether there ever will be.

16. What is this flag that the Design Team keeps talking about?

quote:

If you pre-registered, congratulations! Everyone with an account created before this post (USER ID# below 110,864) will get a special flag set that proves that you were here from the start.

We do not yetknow what this flag will be, just that we will get it. It is not yet released

17. How can I fit the screen size to my computer screen *thanks to treadlight* ?
    1. If you use Internet Explorer, you can go into Full Screen. Just press F11, or go to View >> Full Screen.
    2. You can resize the game by changing the width and heighth by changing the numbers you see in the URL.
    You can change the numbers, to change the game size. I usually go make it bigger/smaller by first adding/subracting a hundred, then twenty..
    Here is an example:

http://mechquest.battleon.com/game/default.asp?w=950&h=697 (Default URL)
    http://mechquest.battleon.com/game/default.asp?w=850&h=597 (Subtract 100)
    http://mechquest.battleon.com/game/default.asp?w=830&h=577 (Subtract 20)
    http://mechquest.battleon.com/game/default.asp?w=810&h=557 (Subtract 20)

Notes: Currently the 800x600 does not work, so you'll have to do it on your own. Also, I think this is a very efficient way of playing MechQuest. You can change the game
    size to anything; even 10x1000, or even 1000x10.
    (the text above was written by Treadlight, but not quoted for neatness)

18. How do I get new Mech Bases?
    If you speak to Tek at tek's Mechs in the Shuttle to G.E.A.R.S Academy, and click on Mech Base Shop

19. What is a "Founder"? How do I become "Founder"?
    If you upgrade your character to Star Captain within 1 month (26th November) since the release of MQ (26th October), this character automatically becomes a Founder.
  • Back to top Go down
    http://purecheatingforum.forumotion.com

=MQ= FAQ Edited on the Gamma Release!
    Page 1 of 1