PURECHEATING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PURECHEATING FORUM

OFFICIAL PURECHEATING FORUMS

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Character sheet
Coins: Infinity
Level: Maximum level
Health:
Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Left_bar_bleue99999999999/99999999999Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Empty_bar_bleue  (99999999999/99999999999)

Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide!   Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 6:57 am

________________________________________________________________________________
Stats FAQ
________________________________________________________________________________

Have a Question? Read Through this guide! If it isn't here, then feel free to ask by replying! Is any part of this guide unclear? Tell me. I'll change it so everyone can understand! Did something change? Tell me, I'll change it! Please don't ask anything that has been answered already! Thanks! -Axe

Dex - Dexterity - Increases ranged damage. Not useful unless you use the ranged attacks all the time.
End - Endurance - Increases total Health. Useful to all classes, as you cant do anything while your dead!
Cha - Charisma - Increases your pet training and NPC interactive rolls. ...not useful for anyone yet methinks.
Luk - Luck - Increases all rolls in some small way. Useful obviously to everyone...but only in a small, small way.
- Axe
How much do stats cost?
From what I gather from people (who replied below...namely ikachan and Saki Kysani) it is your character level x 5 = cost to increase 1 point!
So... Lets test this.
Lets say I'm level 3.
3 x 5 = 15 gold per stat point!

Level 2 - 10 gold per stat point.
Level 3 - 15 gold per stat point.
Level 4 - 20 gold per stat point.
Level 5 - 25 gold per stat point.
Level 6 - 30 gold per stat point.
Level 7 - 35 gold per stat point.
Level 8 - 40 gold per stat point.
Level 9 - 45 gold per stat point.
Level 10 - 50 gold per stat point.
Level 11 - 55 gold per stat point.
Level 12 - 60 gold per stat point.
Level 13 - 65 gold per stat point.
Level 14 - 70 gold per stat point.
Level 15 - 75 gold per stat point.
Level 16 - 80 gold per stat point.
Level 17 - 85 gold per stat point.
Level 18 - 90 gold per stat point.
Level 19 - 95 gold per stat point.
Level 20 - 100 gold per stat point.
Level 21 - 105 gold per stat point.
Level 22 - 110 gold per stat point.
Level 23 - 115 gold per stat point.
Level 24 - 120 gold per stat point.
Level 25 - 125 gold per stat point.
Level 26 - 130 gold per stat point.
Level 27 - 135 gold per stat point.
Level 28 - 140 gold per stat point.
Level 29 - 145 gold per stat point.
- Axe

Questions And Answers by The Players.

Q:T_A_S: shouldn't dex increase avoid ability, accuracy and critical as well? does that in pretty much every rpg game ever made... juuuust wondering...oh and shouldn't luck affect the rewards you get from quests as well? str should add like 1-2hp each point added... every other game pretty much has that...
A:[quote:]ORIGINAL:Scaltz
Dex is BEST for rouges level 11 and above Why? Becauz' it's easy when using wild daggers it can either severely-damaged enemy AND it can even auto-kill

-I agree with you in luck iand also char cuz' (as I think voila) it increases the weapon drop for cordemi

-with str.i do NOT agree with ya because.......in ALL rpg games str. is considered as str def only xcept for ffx which they use str. modes in the sphere grid as hp
Back to top Go down
http://purecheatingforum.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Left_bar_bleue99999999999/99999999999Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Empty_bar_bleue  (99999999999/99999999999)

PostSubject: part 2   Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 6:58 am

part 2

ORIGINAL: ih8tu
@AlCaDrAs-That depends entirely on you and your view on battle. If you rely heavilly on your skills that cost mana you should invest a few points in INT. All warriors do physical damage though, and should invest in a little END and some STR. Everything else is optional as not all stats are comlete yet(IE:LUK still isn't fully effective, neither is DEX). If nothing else STR should at least get some points and maybe save the rest until more updates come out and you decide what you want to do with your character.

Let me know if I helped or confused you.

(My Answer, also) It is my experience that if you have 24 STR stats on a rogue, (+12 damage) that that damage would be added to the base and max. in other words, it would not be "for each dagger" or +6 damage.

Q:StealthNinja(I consider it a Question.)you should state whether or not the damage is distributed to base and max, or if is staked on to both, such as a 10-20 weapon then doing 13-23, OR would it be 16-26.I didn't seem to get that reading the FAQ
A:
Me:If i had to take an educated guess, i would have to say that it would add to both base and max. If anyone knows differently, please post your evidence and answer, and this can finally be confirmed! (Until otherwise noted, though, it adds to both!)

Q:quote:

ORIGINAL: Drako

Hey, I'm so far still confused with the rogues being modified by strength.

Note: This is for only dagger rogues...
Note: Assumptions based on 2 strength raising min and max by 1, to a max of 20% of your random damage (E.I. a 1-30 atk weapon with maxed strength will be increased to 7-36 - could be wrong, as this is just what I thought most people's guides were saying)
Note: This is based around MELEE hits with dagger. I think Wild Daggers will double dagger damage, but it is a ranged atk, so str does not increase dgm...

Some people have been saying you only need about half your level to get the right amount of damage increase.
So far highest 'max' damage dagger I know of is 7-35.
So that means you only need 14 strength, as the max increase you can get is 7 min and max. For each hit with the dagger. Leaving it at 14-42 damage per hit, for a normal hit, 28-84 total.

However, other guides had said to double your weapon power, so that would mean the weapon doubles to 14-70. 20% would be 14 damage, meaning you need 28 strength in order to max it out. The end result would again be 28-84.

Now which is true? Do daggers only need half the strength because they have two hits?

Thanks for all help.

A:quote:

ORIGINAL: Xevious
The doubling the power of your weapon is incorrect for Rogues (but not for mages). Actually it's a lot more complex (or simplistic, depending on how you look at it).

If you are a Rogue doing Normal attack, Rapid attack, Poison*, Blind*, or Aimed*, you should have 2 * 20% of the listed max damage, rounded up, in STR for full effectiveness. (Whether using dagger, axe, sword or whatever).

If you are a Rogue doing Surprise attack with daggers, you need 2.5 * 2 *20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in STR for full effectiveness. (Yes, that's 1 point per listed point of max damage)

If you are a Rogue doing Surprise attack with swords (or other non daggers), you need 1.5 * 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of the weapon in STR for full effectiveness.

If you are a Rogue doing Throw or Wild with daggers, you need 2 * 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in DEX. (so for these skills you Double the max damage and take 20%)

If you are a Rogue doing Throw or Wild with swords, you need 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in DEX.

If you are a Mage doing Attack or Acid, you need 2 * 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in INT.

If you are a Mage doing Fury, Final, or Elemental Spells, you need 2.5 * 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in INT. (once again, 1 point per listed point).

If you are a Warrior doing Normal, Double, Triple, STR, Power, or Final, you need 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in STR.

If you are a Warrior doing Throw or Multi, you need 2 * 20% of the listed max damage of your weapon in DEX.

Note that sometimes the last point might not appear to make a difference, as numbers normally get rounded up, although the difference can be noticed through resistances and skills.

*(if poison, blind, and aimed currently do a single dagger attack -- if they are switched to double the damage of the dagger attack, then the stats would probably need to be doubled as well, if the devs keep things consistent)

In addition, I've refined the equation for determining damage a bit more, after further testing with Rogue's Surprise:

ObservedDamage = Ceiling(DamageModifier * (BaseDamage + RandomDamage + StatDamage)) Where
BaseDamage = MinDamageModifier * MinWeaponDamage,
MaxDamage = MaxDamageModifier * MaxWeaponDamage,
RandomDamage = Floor(Random * Floor(1 + MaxDamage - BaseDamage))
Meaning that RandomDamage is a value in the set of integers {0, ... , Floor(MaxDamage - BaseDamage)}, and
StatDamage = Min(0.2 * MaxDamage, ModifierStat/2)

ObservedDamage is the actual damage you do.
DamageModifier is the coefficient determined by any resistance, critical, or skill modifiers that are applied to both min and max.
MaxWeaponDamage is the maximum LD (Listed Damage).
MaxDamageModifier is the coefficient determined by use of various mage skills, or mage normal ability with a weapon (2x for normal attack with staff or dagger), or Rogue wild daggers or throw (2x with dagger), or Rogue Surprise (2.5 with dagger, 1.5 with non-dagger).
MinWeaponDamage is the minimum LD (Listed Damage).
MinDamageModifier is the coefficient determined by use of mage normal ability with a weapon (2x for normal attack with staff or dagger), or Rogue wild daggers or throw (2x with dagger), or Rogue Surprise (2.5x with daggers).
Random is a randomly chosen value greater than 0, and less than 1.
ModifierStat is STR for Melee attacks, DEX for Ranged attacks, and INT for magic attacks.

And the players say...

Here's Cycero's take on things!
quote:

ORIGINAL: Cysero

Ok, the bugs should be sorted out, the stat trainer is back in the Defender Shop.

Mages get increased damage from INT, rogues and warrior from STR. DEX increases ranged bonus and WILL, in the near future, INCREASE other stats (we have yet to finalize the bonuses, but they will be balanced)

damage bonuses are 1 additional point of damage added onto your attack for ever 2 points of STR/INT. If you think that this isn't a lot...you're wrong.

1 pt of INT = 5 MP

1 pt of END = 5 HP

Luck is a bit trickier, but adds small percentages to a lot of ROLLS. pet training and chance to hit among them.

Charisma adds to pet and character interaction rolls. We don't have any character interaction rolls so don't bother looking for them.

blanking your stats will be free but you will have to pay again to re-train up when we add the ability to respec your character. good thing it's cheap.

-C

When i tested a 10 INT to every 1 stat point theory on my warrior and rogue, it was correct.
anyway, to sum things up, if your a warrior and rogue , you get 10 INT for every 1 stat point.
i need a test on this theory for mages. my mage is level 25 and i cant up his stat anymore till level 26.
if someone would please run this experiment it would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: part 3   Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 7:01 am

part 3

ORIGINAL: Design Notes.
Stat Trainer Update: Zhoom fixed it all already - uploaded! We have temporarily removed the Stat Trainer to fix several known issues (that sounds so formal). If you had stat boosting items equipped when using the trainer it mistakenly added those stats causing you end up with negative stat points (not good for players). We are also fixing the bug which causes Mages to do "Melee" damage instead of "Magic". Both of these bugs will be fixed by the end of tomorrow. Also, please note that stats will become more valuable to your character (they will effect more things) as the game grows. We recommend investing in STR (Strength) if you use melee weapons and INT (Intelligence) if you rely on spells and skills.

STAT TRAINER!
Use the stat trainer to increase your stats to get bonuses. In the future, new classes will get additional bonuses depending on stats. For now, just have fun with it :-)

STR - Increases Max Melee Damage
INT - Increases Max Magic Damage, and Mana (MP).
DEX - Increases Max Ranged Damage, and will increase Defense soon.
CHA - Makes you more handsome or... um.. pretty. Also animals will like you more.
END - Increases your Max Health (HP)
LUK - Helps many things in mysterious ways.

What is Luck?
Oh, luck? Luck is what causes a fly to land on the nose of an evenly matched opponent during a daring move. Luck is what pushes you over the edge when you are just sooooooooo close to doing something but would otherwise fail. Luck is that thing that makes the difference between hitting or missing when you roll a 89.9 and needed a 90. Luck... yes... that is what luck is (Or at least, will be once we finish adding it to all of the rolls).

ORIGINAL: Xevious

quote:

damage bonuses are 1 additional point of damage added onto your attack for ever 2 points of STR/INT. If you think that this isn't a lot...you're wrong.

There is a cap of 20% max damage for the attack being used... so if you have a weapon with a max damage of 60, the maximum addition that stat bonuses can give you is +12... this 20% rule appears to hold true for double, triple and power on a warrior as well (so 15%, 14% and 30% bonuses of normal max, respectively), as well as scaling done by elemental weakness

quote:

After doing some more testing on stat damage modifiers (with the skills double, triple, power, magefury, and normal attacks), I've found that:

ObservedDamage = Ceiling(DamageModifier * (WeaponDamage + StatDamage))
Where WeaponDamage has an equal chance of being each integer value between the ModifiedMinWeaponDamage and ModifiedMaxWeaponDamage, inclusive, where
ModifiedMaxWeaponDamage = Floor(MaxDamageModifier * MaxWeaponDamage),
ModifiedMinWeaponDamage = Floor(MinDamageModifier * MinWeaponDamage) and
StatDamage = Min(0.2 * ModifiedMaxWeaponDamage, ModifierStat/2) Note that stat damage is not rounded when determined.

ObservedDamage is the actual damage you do.
DamageModifier is the coefficient determined by any resistance, critical, or skill modifiers that are applied to the entire range.
MaxWeaponDamage is the maximum Listed Damage.
MaxDamageModifier is the coefficient determined by use of various mage skills, or mage normal ability with a weapon (2x for normal attack with staff or dagger), or rogue wild daggers or throw (2x with dagger).
MinWeaponDamage is the minimum Listed Damage.
MinDamageModifier is the coefficient determined by use of mage normal ability with a weapon (2x for normal attack with staff or dagger), or rogue wild daggers or throw (2x with dagger).
ModifierStat is STR for Melee attacks, DEX for Ranged attacks, and INT for magic attacks.

ORIGINAL: vainer76

Here's my fidings so far

Ok, I have 29 strength (+1) for I guess 30, anyway after a lot of testing my results were...

It seems like my minimum damage was raised by about 29.3%
Former max damage would be 49.5 damage, new max damage is 64

Yet my max damage was raised by about 20.6%
Former max damage is 70, new max damage 85

I then got 29 (+1) Luck, and it did nothing for my strength... And "seemingly" nothing for my evade and critical, although it may have raised my chance for a critical.

I didn't check for accuracy since I basically exclusively used an aimed attack for testing.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maal

From far as we know:
Str: Warrior/rogue up to 28max, for the rogue who only use dagger it's 14
Effect: 2 str = 1 melee damage, maximum of +20% of the weapon

Dex: Same way to warrior/rogue than str, Effect only trowing dagger
Effect: 2 dex = 1 ranged damage, maximum of +20% of the weapon

Intel: Max for mage, for rogue/warrior: put stat if you need it
Effect: 1 int = 5 mana, 2 int = 1 magic damage, maximum of +20% of the weapon

End: Good for all the class
Effect: 1 end = 5 life

Cha: Make pet better
Effect: Same way than str (not sure about it)

Luck: The stat roll, taming get better. Pit grinder=90, you should have 89!! but with your luck woop, 90.
Effect: The way it work are unknown

I have found out that for int str and dex that you gain 1 extra to min and max for every 2 points spents. For example, my Rogue has 8 dexterity, he has hit 70 damage with wild daggers a bit, so i think its proof. Also, for daggers, you must double the min and max for the actual min and max on rogues and mages, then you add. (Example:Str=16, weapon: Twin Blades of Doom. Minimum Damage:17 (per hit) Maximum: 33 (per hit).)

So basically, for mages and rogues, when using class suitable weapons, double the min and max first, then add half of the amount of points you have for the appropriate stat.

Here's what guubiinrbll thinks.
quote:

ORIGINAL: guubiinrbll

i think that warriors should focus in the LUK, END and STR area, rogues in the DEX, LUK, and STR, and mages in the INT, LUK, and END

Character Build information: This link will take you to post #13

pinned by Reens, moved stuff around ~alac88
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: part 4   Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 7:03 am

part 4

I moved the build's to this post so that The Axe Giraffe could still edit new ones into the post without having the original Stat-FAQ oriented information post continue to grow longer. You might also think about making a whole separate thread specifically for DF builds. ~alac88

Builds are recommendations to players on how to place stat points on their character. You are in no way obligated to build your characters as these players have seen fit. - Axe

please post builds like this.

Character? (mage, warrior, rogue?)
Build name?
Recommended stats? (High(more 3/4 allowed in a category to full), middle level(about half allowed), low/no stats(1/4-0 stats in that Category.)
STR:
INT:
DEX:
CHA:
END:
LUK:

example =
Character?:Mage
Build name: Mage
Recommended stats:
STR: Low/none
INT:High
DEX:Low
CHA:Low
END: High
LUK:Middle

Warrior Builds.

Lord Dracoma's warriors Build.
charcter:drason
build:Spell warrior
recommended stats:
str:highest
int:2nd highest
dex:even with end.
cha:little
end:even with dex.
luk:little

Pure fighter
str:high of maxed out
int:none or little
dex:little to medium
cha:up to the player but some well come in handy
end:medium to high
luk:same as cha.

Character: Warrior
Build Name: Champion
Str: High
Int: None
Dex: Low
Edu: High
Cha: None
Luk: Low

Recommended stats:
STR: High
INT:Low/None
DEX:Mid/Low
CHA:Mid/Low
END:High
LUK:Mid

INT is optional b/e some higher level warriors use a lot of skills(ie:stun, multi, and final) while lower levels rely more on brute strengh(in my experience).

Int: none or little
Dex: High or maxed out
Cha: none or little
End: none or little
Luk: High or maxed out

Hopefully Luck will upgrade some defence, so you will be able to block more! Razz

Recommended stats:
INT: Low
DEX: High
CHA: Low
END: Medium
LUK: High
Damage: Yet to try out.
Defence: Yet to try out.
Overall: Yet to try out

Build Name: Brute
Recommended stats:
DEX: Medium
LUK: Low

Build Name: Hybrid
Recommended stats:
CHA: Medium
LUK: Medium

Brenton Zera Storm
Asassin
Recomended Stats:
Str: Medium/High
Dex: High
Luck High
Int: Low/Medium
Cha: Low/Medium
End: Medium/High

Brenton Zera Storm
Con-Artist
Recomended Stats:
Str: Medium
Cha: High
Dex: High
End: Low/Medium
Luck: High

Brenton Zera Storm
Treasure Hunter
Recomended Stats:
Str: High
Luk: High
Dex: Medium/High
Cha: Medium/High
End: Medium/High

Str: 27 (+1)
Int: 0
Dex: 27
End: 4
Cha: 10
Luk: 10 (+1)

Why the high dex? Well, let me tell you.
One: The obvious, it's eventually going to add to defense. I much prefer that over HP, always have, always will.
Two: I use Wild Daggers a LOT. The added damage to that is intense.
Three: If they ever do something with Rogues to make them actually rogue-ish, meaning stealth, lockpicking, other forms of skulduggary, I guarantee you, Dex is going to be the stat to use. Nothing else makes sense for them. They're Rogues, supposed to be agile and lithe, not brutes.
Four: Did I mention that I like Wild Daggers?

This is helpful, in that it explains not only what to put your points on, but why. Thank you for submitting this! - Axe

Recommended stats:
STR: Med (half your level)
INT: None
DEX:Med (half your level)
CHA: None
END: High (equal to your level)
LUK: Medium High (equal to your level -2)
Since Daggers deal half the damage of Swords/Axes/Maces, you only need half the stats.

Dex 3/4 your level
End around 1/2 your level
Int few or none
Cha few or none
Luk 1/4-1/5 your level

The reason I did fractions is because its applicable to all levels. Also luck can be beneficial to any character as well as endurance. Intelligence is useless as of yet, only because the only mana you really need at the moment is for Final Attack, Multi, and the 3 turn disable and 80% block/parry/dodge. Anyways that is my suggestion
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: part 5   Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 7:04 am

part 5

Recommended stats:
STR: Low
INT: Medium
DEX: High

Character: Rouge
Build name: Brutish Rouge
Recommended stats:

Character: Rouge
Build Name: Hybrid
Recommended stats:
STR: Medium
INT: Medium
END: Low

Dex: High (Wild daggers is your friend.)
End: High
Int: Med (All those wild daggers need mp, ya know. =D)
Char: Low
Luk: Low
Note: This rogue build can use swords or daggers, doesnt matter.

end: the highest u can get it after maxing DEX and STR
dex: max
cha: none
luck: none

The Axe Giraffe's Mage build.
Character?:Mage
Build name: Mage
Recommended stats:
STR: Low/none
CHA:Low

Recommended stats?
STR: low-none
INT: high
DEX: low-mid
CHA: low-none
END: high
LUK: low-mid

and just so you all know my reasons for each stat are as a follow's:

A Battle Mage relys on not only his spells but his ability's to fight, so he will want a high int and a high end this will give him the MP he wants to dump during battle's as well as the hit points to take the damage, a battle mage may also consider dex in the future, for it will help there defence.
Also any adventurer should consider having some luck, it may help them find that rare they've been farming for for ages now.

STR: low
INT: High
DEX: low
CHA: Middle-High
END: low

I also have two builds for Rogues. The Alchementalist is for Mages.

STR: low
DEX: low
CHA: Middle-High
END: low

I also have two builds for Rogues. The Alchementalist is for Mages.

Int: max, first priority
End: Max, Second priority
Luck: Max, Third Priority

I dident include str, cha, or dex because those at least at the moment are useless for a mage and shouldent be added!

Thats how stats for a mage should be at this point of the game.

And im only speaking as of RIGHT NOW in the game.

Recommended stats:
STR: Low
DEX: Low
CHA: Medium
LUK: Medium

Maestro911's Build.
Character?: Mage
Build name: BeastMaster Mage
Recommended stats:
STR: None
CHA:High
END: Middle

A mage needs a mediocre amount of hp, so that's what the END is for. Besides that, Dex is for advanced defending later on, INT and CHA are for making you and your pet hit harder, and LUK is pretty much for everything.

-M

end: max
dex: highest u can get it after INT and END are maxed
cha: none
luck: none

Battle Mage: At level 29, you should have:
STR:0
INT:26
DEX:5
END:20
CHA:15
LUK:15

High INT and END because this is an offensively based mage, and you'll need the extra HP if you're not really taking the time to defend much. CHA to benefit pets, and LUK to benefit your Block/Parry/Dodge/Miss Rolls, as well as a little DEX for the same reason.

Thanks to everyone for the build suggestions!
Back to top Go down
younghacker
Hacker
Hacker
younghacker

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Character sheet
Coins: 1240
Level: 1
Health:
Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide!   Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 5:07 am

Nice guides.....nice builds........nice faqs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide!   Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stats FAQ/ Character Build Ideas - a Guide!
Page 1 of 1