PURECHEATING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PURECHEATING FORUM

OFFICIAL PURECHEATING FORUMS

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Guide to Doom Weapons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Character sheet
Coins: Infinity
Level: Maximum level
Health:
A Guide to Doom Weapons Left_bar_bleue99999999999/99999999999A Guide to Doom Weapons Empty_bar_bleue  (99999999999/99999999999)

A Guide to Doom Weapons Empty
PostSubject: A Guide to Doom Weapons   A Guide to Doom Weapons Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 7:08 am

A Guide to Doom Weapons

A Guide to Doom Weapons 180px-10

By PaperClip OF DOOM

AS a note, please do not post anything non-guide realted here, any congrats do not belong here, and nor do questions, thanks ~Vas

Updates:
8/17/2007 - Made the guide.

~Table of Contents~
1.0 - Introduction
2.0 - The Doom Weapons - What?
2.1 - The Doom Weapons - Why?
2.2 - The Doom Weapons - How?
2.3 - The Doom Weapons - Where?
3.0 - Upgrading your Doom Weapon [DA]
3.1 - First Upgrade - The Crystal Clear Lake
3.2 - Second Upgrade - The Haunted Castle
4.0 - Final Words

Reminder: Use the find function of your web browser (Ctrl+F) to immideatly find sections.

1.0 - Introduction

Hello, my name is Paperclip OF DOOM. This is my first guide ever, but seeing as many people need help with the Doom weapons, I thought why not give it a shot and help many people on the way. ^^
This guide will include information about the doom weapons, the best and most expensive darkness weapons in DragonFable. What are they, why get them, where to get them, how to get them, and how to upgrade them, it is all here.

Reminder: When I am talking about the damage of the Doom weapons and not mentioning the element, know its Darkness. (I mean, DOOM weapons, kinda obvious, dont'cha think? ^^)

Enjoy! ^^

2.0 - The Doom Weapons - What?

The Doom weapons are weapons of great darkness and power (and also price). They are considered the best darkness weapons possible to get in DragonFable. There are 5 Doom weapons overall, 3 of which are obtainable to the players.

1. ShadowReaper of Doom - 36-68
2. Twin Blades of Doom - 36-68
3. SkullStaff of Doom - 36-68
4. Unknown
5. Necrotic Blade of Doom - This weapon is wielded by (actually the weapon is wielding him) Sepulchure, the Doom Knight. You cannot get this weapon.

The Doom weapons also have a special attack, called "Doooooooom!". This is a status attack, and it makes your Doom weapon glow until the end of the battle. It has a 5% of triggering when you attack. It is a Damage Over Time attack, means your enemy will get hit by it for several turns, 5 in this case. The damage is 5 each turn.

With great effort, a lot of money, and a little bit of temper, you can get these weapons of immense power.

2.1 - The Doom Weapons - Why?

So now you are probably asking yourselves, after many mentions of the Doom weapons being very very pricey, how much do they exactly cost?
The cost of purchasing a Doom weapon is 28,000 gold, a hefty sum indeed.
"What?! That is sooo much gold. I will never get that. It will take me years. Why should I waste my time and get those weapons?!"
First, calm down. You may think that is a lot of money, but it really isn't that much. 10,000 to 15,000 gold alone can be achieved by simply playing the game and reaching the level cap. Now lets move to the why part.

Why get them if it (still) takes a considerably large amount of time?
Because they are the most powerful darkness weapons in the game. Such power comes with a great cost, literally. Its your choice to get them or not. Its just another fun challenge with a great prize at the end. Plus it will keep you busy if you don't have anything better to do in DragonFable, and will probably gain you some levels in the process.

Note that as of the level cap raise, weapons with power superior to the Doom weapons are showing up in the game. They are now the most powerful darkness weapons, but still one of the best in the game. Fear not!
Back to top Go down
http://purecheatingforum.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Character sheet
Health:
A Guide to Doom Weapons Left_bar_bleue99999999999/99999999999A Guide to Doom Weapons Empty_bar_bleue  (99999999999/99999999999)

PostSubject: part 2   A Guide to Doom Weapons Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 7:08 am

part 2

2.2 - The Doom Weapons - How?

If you are reading this section, you are brave and puny sum of gold is not an intimidating factor to you. Good. ^^
Now, after all 28,000 is quite a lot of gold. You are probably asking yourselves how are you going to get your hands on a pile like that.
Fear not, for there are people who checked this far and wide, and have found great quests for you to pass time over time, until you get the wanted amount of gold.

I always suggest looking at Burn's Gold Farming guide if you don't like the methods I am about to present:

Farming Gold- a closer comparison (best quests) by Burn.

I am going to suggest two three places which I consider the best to get the gold. If you disagree or don't like the quests, you are always welcome to look at the guide above.
UPDATE: I see that the Fire Cave is also a good quest, now that Warlic has a shop and full heal. Added.

1) Bandit Camp/Bounty Hunting

Where: Surewood Forest
Recommended weapon(s): Your strongest weapon, the bandits in this quest don't have an elemental weakness.

This is a very common and simple quest. You go to Robina, ask her about Bounty Hunting, and click yes. Now, go right from Robina, then up, and enter the wooden 'fort'. This is the Bandit camp. You are supposed to see a sign on the first screen when entering. This is the bounty list.
Each time you finish the quest, there will be a randomly picked different boss. Each boss gives a different amount of gold, ranging from 50 to 600. (Reminder: The LUK stat does not affect you to get the boss that gives the most gold.)

This quest is the most simple because all you have to do is go through this quest over and over, until you get the gold. On to the second quest.

2) Crystal Clear Lake

Where: Amityvale
Recommended weapon(s): A good fire weapon, and a good silver weapon.

Another quest which I consider to be good. The whole idea is to run through this quest, kill the boss, get a prize, and sell it.
Each weapon is worth about 200 gold, which allows a steady income of gold until you reach your goal.

Now, the reason why I consider this quest an ideal place for farming gold is the short time it takes to complete. You only have to fight 6 scaled monsters, which usually go down in 2-4 hits with a decent fire weapon. The boss, Lon, is also very easy if you have a silver weapon.

Here is the shortest way to reach the boss when farming for gold there:
1. First screen, kill the monster and move down.
2. Second screen, kill the monster and move down again.
3. 3rd screen, 3rd monster. Kill it and go right.
4. Two monsters here, and only one path to go. Kill both, and move down.
5. Final screen, the boss. Fight him, move left and claim your reward.

3) The Fire Cave

Where: Warlic's Zone, go north then right into the large cave.
Recommended weapon(s): A good Ice or Water weapon.

It seems that this quest gets some of his own personal lovin', and it is indeed quite good. Make sure you get lots of free bag space, this quest is easily repeatable several times, due to healing fountains at the start and end of the quest.
So here is how you do it:

1)You enter the quest. You should see a healing fountain. You go right, take the lower way on the split and keep going right.
2)You will reach a door and another healing fountain. Heal if needed and enter the door.
3)Kill some monsters and the boss, and get a reward.
4)Repeat steps 1-3, healing at step 1 if needed after finishing step 3, until you run out of bag space, in which case you go to Warlic's Elemental shop and sell your rewards there for good gold. )depends what weapons you got).

So, you can decide which quest suites you best and farm it over and over, take your time. A day that you farmed about 2000-3000 gold is a great day, anything above that is just excellent. 1000-2000 is very good too. You can even take it slowly and go for 600 gold a day if you don't feel like hardcore farming.

2.3 - The Doom Weapons - Where?

After you get your pile of gold at a total sum of 28,000 shiny gold coins, you can purchase one of the Doom weapons.
Just go two screens left from the Town of Falconreach, and you will see a cloaked figure. Talk to the Mysterious Stranger, the one who will unlock your path to great power... and darkness. Fear not though, the Doom weapons are not affecting you in any evil way.. yet. I hope this doesn't stop you from getting your hands on one of these ever-growing-in-power sticks though. ^^

Select the option "'Gulp' Shop", buy the doom weapon that goes with your class and... congratulations! You now have completed one of the greatest and longest quests in DragonFable, the quest to get ultimate power! Use it well.

3.0 - Upgrading Your Doom Weapon [DA]

If you have a Dragon Amulet, you are given an option to increase the mighty power of your Doom weapon.

3.1 - First Upgrade - The Crystal Clear Lake

The first upgrade for your Doom weapon. Requires 5000 gold and of course, your Doom weapon. I don't think 5000 gold is that much, especially after farming for 28,000 gold. And now you have the powerful Doom weapon to help you so why not try it out. (Bandit Camp, in CCL the monsters are strong against darkness)

To upgrade your doom weapon, go to Amityvale and talk to the girl at the main screen called Thursday. Pick 'Quests' and then select 'Crystal Clear Lake' and start the quest. At the first screen, kill the monster and go down. Second screen, kill this monster and this time go right. You will encounter more monsters, just keep going right until eventually you go up, and into the house. Inside the house, you meet Chaney. For 5000 gold, you can buy the 'Research Materials' from him and combine them with your Doom weapon to make them even stronger.

Status becomes:
1) ShadowReaper of Doom - Upgraded - 38-70, Crit +2, STR +2
2) Twin Blades of Doom - Upgraded - 38-70, Crit +1, STR +2
3) SkullStaff of Doom - Upgraded - 38-70, Crit +2, INT +2
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: part 3   A Guide to Doom Weapons Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 7:09 am

part 3

3.2 - Second Upgrade - The Haunted Castle

In order to upgrade your Doom weapon once more, you first need to complete the first upgrade. (see above) To upgrade your Doom weapon a second time, you must run through the quest The Haunted Castle and get five Unlucky Doom Essences. They drop when you finish the quest.

When your done, bring the five Essences and your Doom weapon to the Mysterious Stranger, and select the option "Upgrade Doom?". After some talking, a merge shop will open. Merge the Essences with your Doom weapon to increase its power.

Status becomes:
1) Unlucky ShadowReaper of Doom: 40-72, Bonus +1, Crit +3, Luk -3, Str +3
2) Unlucky Twin Blades of Doom: 40-72, Bonus +1, Crit +3, Luk -3, Str +3
3) Unlucky SkullStaff of Doom: 40-72, Bonus +1, Crit +3, Luk -3, Int +3

Also, all of the Doom weapons get 'Unlucky' before their names (Unlucky ShadowReaper of Doom, etc) and you gain -3 to Luk. If this really bothers you, then don't upgrade. In my opinion, -3 Luk doesn't matter that much, especially when powerful weapons like these are on the topic.

4.0 - Final Words

Well, this is where my guide ends. I hope you know much more about the Doom weapons now than before, and hopefully this helped you get one. Suggestions are always welcome, also help me hunt down all of the typos. ^_^

Thanks to:
SiLvErWiNg the wonderful AK that approved this guide. Thanks a lot! Very Happy *snugglehugs*
Vaseline28 for the occasional cleanage.
Suuichi/spellcheck for fixing my typos.
007 midget for correcting me about the Stranger and gave a pic of the NBoD. Thank you!
sparkyfrazer for correcting me on a misplaced sentence. ^^'
AtiwH for making a gold farming guide, Burn for taking over it and improving it.
AE for making this(these) wonderful game(s)!
Since I don't have an agent, I can't thank him. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Doom Weapons   A Guide to Doom Weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Guide to Doom Weapons
Page 1 of 1